Sunday, December 12, 2010

Details about the BIG day...

This post is going to be entirely wedding related.  Please be sure to checkout the links and photos to get a get the full effect of what is going to go down July 23, 2011.

We will be getting married at my FH's childhood church, Culpeper United Methodist.  It will be a traditional service held at half past four in the afternoon.  Apparently getting married on the upswing of an hour is good luck, or so say the Chinese.  We wanted an evening wedding so that it would be a little less hot, and there wouldn't be a big lag between the wedding and the reception. 

Our reception is going to be at the Daniel Technology Center.  This wasn't our first choice, and it certainly is more of a business center than a reception locality, however due to the size of our guest list we had no other options.  We will make it work, and I have seen photos of other receptions held there, so it will be fine.  http://www.germanna.edu/workforce/dtcvirtualtours.asp  (You can go on a virtual tour.  And remember it is SUPER business-ish, however it is CLEAN, NEW, and most importantly it will accomodate our guest list.)

This isn't our cake, just a pretty one she made.
We are having our cake made by a friend from Richmond.  She is brilliant and her cakes are DIVINE.  My future hubs wanted a cake that not only looked good, but even more importantly, it had to taste good.  So Heather is going to make that happen!

A friend of a friend told us about the photographer we chose.  The FH and I are convinced that she is going to be the next big thing.  She has a great eye, captures traditional moments, candids, and cool artistic shots.  We are so excited to schedule our FREE engagement session to see how they will turn out.  http://rearviewphotos.blogspot.com/

Not my style or colors, but a sample of her work
Our florist is a friend of my Mom's.  She is coming from Pennsylvania and my parents are going to put her up in a hotel.  Her work is amazing.  She told my mom that she already had so many ideas for our wedding and couldn't wait to share them with me.

My dress has been ordered and now we need to focus on bridesmaid dresses and the tuxedos.  I have a vision of what I want the boys to wear and I will see if I can find an image.  Oh and best of all, the two flower girls are going to be wearing custom made tutu's and ballet flats.  How stinking cute!  More tutu pics are along the right side of her blog.  They are adorable.  http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/
 
This but white, with a white flower & black ribbon and pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment