Sunday, December 19, 2010

Quotes while baking and listening to Christmas music...

  1. Kitty:  This looks like baby poop.
  2. Me:  It's really thick, google how to thin it out.  Kitty:  Just add butter, it will be fine.
  3. Kitty:  I think it's burning.
  4. Me:  "The song Mommy Kissing Santa Claus... is it about Santa being a home-wrecker or Mommy and Daddy are role-playing?"
  5. Kitty:  Stop calling them Santa hats, they aren't red, they're black and they're called SNOWMAN HATS!
  6. Kitty:  Is this Shirley Temple?  Me:  You are a freak if you know this.  Omg, it is Shirley Temple, did you used to watch Heidi too?
An adventure in pseudo-baking tonight occurred, pretty wild for a Friday night, I know, but in our defense, we have had two snow days in a row and have had about as much wine and/or Bud Light that we could handle; consider it a detox.  For a Christmas party Saturday night, my friend Kitty and I decided to make Snowman Hats, an idea that I saw in a Red Envelope magazine.  Seemed easy enough.  Materials needed:  Oreos (double-stuff of course, and with RED filling), chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crushed up candy canes.  Here is a photograph of Red Envelope's version and then our version.  Not too shabby. 

Chocolate and Candy Canes.
XO.

Terra

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog Terra! And, I LOVE these snowman hats!! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I love your 3 gals blog as well. I'm no chef, but I tried several of your recipes and had success! Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really was an adventure in trying to create them!

    ReplyDelete